Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trip to Taebaek

I'd forgotten that I actually hadn't posted all of my summer holiday photos. After Nick had gone home, and I'd wrung out my liver and hung it up to dry for a few days, I headed off to Taebaek on my bike. It was about 90km and sadly I didn't make it all the way. I got about 20km from Taebaek and found myself on a monster road, and so decided to get the train the rest of the way. The following day I headed up to Taebaek National Park for a quick look around. This is what I saw.







These are shots from the top of West Mun-su-bong and Mun-su-bong, the two highest mountains in the park. Sadly I was hiking on a cloudy day, so missed most of the scenery. The peaks were notable though for a preponderance of dragonflies at the top, one of which I managed to photograph above.


Some of the local flora.

Altar at the top of Jangubong, Korea's "mother mountain". Water from here forms rivers all over Korea.

A big butterfly I spent about 5 minutes trying to photograph.




The following pictures are from the Taebaek Coal Museum, which turned out to be rather unexpectedly good. I only went there to kill some time too.









The fossil / precious stone collection was very decent.





맛있어!



I have spent a good amount of money flicking coins into these in Korea.

The pond in Taebaek. Quite pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment